Monday, April 13, 2009

Crab Apple Delight

Do you guys remember a time when we were all at Grandpa Bellisle"s... probably grade school years. It was Sping, so not sure why we were all together... maybe an Easter get-together.

Anyway, we were playing in the front yard and started chucking those weird crab apples he had in his yard at one of the houses across the street. Knowing how all NT events involve games of accuracy, I"m sure it was some contest for who could hit the garage door of the house first. But then the old lady who lived there came running out of her house after us... I remember we all ran around his house and hid in those huge bushes on the back of the house. She even came stomping back there in her goofy house dress and slippers, but must not have seen us, as she just walked back. I remeber being scared shitless over it...

Anyone else remember that?

4 comments:

  1. If I remember right, those berries were leaving some big juicy spray on her garage door when they splatted on the door... It was the house on the corner by the park we were throwing at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember that or something along those lines. I remeber the bushes and the scantly porch off the second floor (grampa's upstairs) and being faster than you slow pokes, so i had the best hiding spot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember the garage, but I remember putting stains on each other... and our parents getting pissed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't recall that event. I recall a lot of times having to beat up Cliff Chapman, Slimy and Grimy, and Bob Freeman at the park because of Jimms.

    ReplyDelete